I would like make a statement to all people with a challenge in regards to weight and that is... if you did not gain one single pound during the winter, then you officially are on track for a great Spring! Why, because I say during the hardest part of the year you held your own and did not take 1 step back. So I say a pat on the back is warranted!! Great job people of larger mass, you are on track for success this year!!!
Yes that is applause (actually a CrossFit clapping push-up)!!!
Okay lets talk about goals past and goals future. Some of you may remember my fitness goals for this year and I would like to update those and even possibly change them. As a refresher, lets see those old goals and see where and if there is any progress.
Jan 2012 goals
- Push Ups 19
- Sit Ups 17 (old school)
- Aerobic Fitness-2.4km run 13:25-11:12 <11:12 superior (for my US friends 2.4 kms=1.5 miles)
- Pull Ups 4
- Run a 5k in under 30min (outside)
- Lose and additional 40lbs
- Run in two 10k races
- Run in 1 half marathon
2012 Goal Update
Push Ups 19complete (thank-you Crossfit) Sit Ups 17 (old school)complete (thank-you Crossfit)
- Aerobic Fitness-2.4km run 13:25-11:12 <11:12 superior (for my US friends 2.4 kms=1.5 miles) not complete. Good progress on this one 1:50 off minimum pace expectation.
- Pull Ups 4 not complete. This could be the toughest one on the list. I really need to work on my brute power and get my weight down to make this easier on myself.
- Run a 5k in under 30min (outside) not complete. I am going to shoot for March 25th for this one at the Around the Bay. If not, I believe breaking 31 min is likely more realistic, considering this race is only 3 weeks away. I am 1:44 away from breaking 31 minutes and my most recent time is 32:44. I have been steadily improving. My foot is so much better and because of this I am expecting big gains here in the next little while.
- Lose an additional 40lbs not complete. Since Jan 18/2012 I have lost 13 pounds. That is basically 2 months and I think 6.5 pounds per month is reasonable. Another 4 months should do it at this rate. I think I can get this done by September 1. Maybe overly optimistic but I believe with the good weather around the corner it is also very achievable.
- Run in two 10k races not complete. Might be impossible to complete.
- Run in 1 half marathon not complete. Might be impossible to complete.
Danger 4 most of us lies not in setting our aim too high & falling short; but in setting our aim 2 low &achieving our mark. -Michaelangelo
So I need help with number 7 and 8. The reason I say might is that I will be changing work schedules which will not let me be able to run in organized event, as most are on weekends and I know I will no longer have weekends off come this April. So what to replace it with? Just do my own run and make a day of it? This doesn't have the same effect/appeal on me so I am open to suggestions!?!? It doesn't even have to be a running goal! My only real hope is that it is two challenges that require me attaining something physical (something measurable).
I am all ears folks!!!