During my hiatus I can say I have stayed on track most of the time. I can admit that I am mostly better at getting my exercise in, than always making the right or amount of food choice. Because of exercise, I have gotten away with it and thank goodness! Obviously this needs to stop, and after some reflection I am going to call it a vaction rather than a deviation from the prize (prize=me at a healthy weight).
Because I felt food was starting to get the better of me, I started a FB page called the 60 Day Summer Weight Challenge. About 6-7 friends have joined along in the journey and I hope it helps them as much as their company helps me. Its helping me get refocused and ultimately achieve the weight goal that I promised for myself at the beginning of the year.
Really because its been such a great year, I wanted to list my achievements and the goals that are still not done. This list reminds me of what I have done and what still needs to get done. I am proud of it, but I know with success comes confidence and sometimes confidence leads to laziness thus me reminding myself; Iam not done!
A Year In Review
- Went smoke free June 2011
- July 18 2011....Started my "Fat Fight"
- No longer require cholesterol medication (huge pay off here)
- No longer require hypertension medication (huge pay off here)
- A typical resting heart rate of 60 or less (pre challenge 90-105)
- Ran my first organized 5km Race--Road to Hope--November 2012
- To date have lost 71 pounds.
- Ran a sub 30min 5k
- Ran 12k without stopping
- Ran a sub 13:25min 2.4k
- Can do 20 + pushups in one set
- Can do 17+ situps in one set (old school)
- Can do 2 unassisted pull ups (goal is 4)
- Eat a minimum of three meals every day--usually 6 small ones
- DO NOT EAT anything deep fried or from a fast food place unless its a salad
- I am aware of whats in my food and the consequences of eating it
- I always eat breakfast (never did)
Remaining Goals for 20121. Run a half marathon
2. Run in two 10k races
3. Complete 4 unassited pull ups
4. Lose an additional 18 pounds (for a grand total of 90)
Beacuse of my work schedule it will be difficult to run in two 10k races, so instead I will race myself and set two different race days. The half marathon is something I am going to have to see if I can get the time off work for but I think I can swing it because its not something I abuse or have done often.
All in all I am proud of myself to this point but I must admit I was getting comfortable with where I had gotten too, thus the 60 day challenge. My focus has shifted to my last few reamining goals for 2012. Although I will be focusing on these goals, it has to be said that I will not let my other physical achievments fade. As with everything..its balance, and thats my lifelong sucess formula; keep it all together and maintain what I have done.