- Ran Mon 5k/Wed 4.3k/Sat 8k/Sun 5k total kms 23kms
- Gym Wed/Thurs/Fri
- 3 strengthening workouts--all upper body
- a personal best 5k
- feeling some renewed upper body strength (weight training since mid December)
- daily PF stretching and arch rolling
- increased water consumption to 4-5 glasses daily (2-3 short--tooo much coffee)
- 1 day elliptical 1 day arc trainer
- not tracking time spent accurately exercising (only estimating)
- no PF icing
- no lower body strengthening and or little core work
- not tracking my calories (only had 1 binge evening but tracking spells it out)
- no weight loss, just getting back to pre Christmas weight
Overall last week was very momentous and I am feeling some great positive "strides" forward :). With some small adjustments and better tracking I know it will come together. Definitely have to track my food again and begin to work my lower body with weights. I am confident this will aid my PF just as the stretching and rolling a golf ball under both arches has. Once I add icing, it is my hope to resolve it within 30 days. I am also making a concerted effort to technique while running to land mid foot and to focus on being able to bear my weight on my fore foot. I am sure over time this will also resolve a lot of these issues with PF. Admittedly its hard to relearn foot placement however I know its paramount if I am going to continue to run and especially if I want to continue to add distance and speed.
Now most people have set there goals for 2012, however I have not. This is my goal for this week..set them, and then go get them!!